Packing is one of the most important parts of moving, no matter where you are moving to. You should start early with packing, and there are some things you should pack first. These things are usually off-season clothing, items from a basement, Christmas decorations, some kitchen appliances you do not use commonly, etc. But, on the other hand, there are some things you should pack last on moving day.
With this packing guide, you moving will be stressless and you will avoid troubles. Also, if you cannot pack by yourself, you can always hire professional packers in Kuwait and they will solve all your problems. And if you have any questions about packing, they will know the answers. It does not matter where you are moving, packing is a thing you cannot escape, so let’s begin.
Pack last on moving day for you
First, think about yourself and your needs. What you will pack last on moving day, depends on you and your habits. Here are some examples of what you should pack. Essential box packing can start now.
- Pack your clothing and underwear. Moving is a long process, it will start early in the morning and will be finished late at night.
- Bath towels and you will not lose time searching for them.
- Personal hygiene supplies such as hand soap, shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, etc.
- Bedsheets for the first night in your new home.
- Make a coffee or tea and put it in a thermal bottle.
- Scissors and bottle opener, you should have them in your purse.
- Pack enough snacks for a couple of days, water battles too.
- Also, pack plastic dishwares such as plates and cups.
- To be safe, pack a first aid kit. You never know what may happen during a move. Injuries are usual when packing and moving.
- Some people use makeup every day, so pack it last, just the most important makeup.
Pack last for your family
If you are moving with your family, you should pack with ease and if your kids are old enough they should pack their own essential boxes. But, on the other hand, you will be the person who will pack the most important things for the whole family. So, these things for the whole family are:
- You family will pack their clothes, electronics, and personal hygiene items, but probably they will forget to pack curtains for windows. Sun rays will wake you up, and probably you will be very tired and exhausted to get up early, and your family too.
- If you want to make the first memories in your first home, pack a camera.
- Pack food and drinks for the whole family.
- If you have young kids, pack their toys and blankets. It is a good idea to have one new toy, so they will not vary during the move. If they have special food, get up early in the morning on a moving day, and prepare it for the whole day.
Yes, it is a little bit more difficult to move with family and kids, but everything has pros and cons. At least, you will not be alone in a new city or state.
Do not forget to pack things for your new home
Moving to a new home is a very exciting life event, but it takes a lot of work. Probably your new house will not be clean and ready for you. So, right after moving, you should clean it. Also, it is much easier to clean home when it is empty, with no furniture inside. Here is what you will need to pack for your lovely new home.
- Pack lightbulb and flashlight because you never know what to expect.
- Garbage bags are very helpful, so do not forget to pack them. You will need them during a move and after moving too.
- Also, you will need some basic tools to reassemble your furniture after moving. If you hire a moving company, they will do it for you.
- Pack a couple of batteries for appliances.
- For cleaning, you will need cleaning supplies. Pack new and opened cleaning supplies and you will be ready for the first night in your home. It is better to sleep when everything is clean.
If you have a pet
Having a pet is beautiful, but it is additional work when packing. Pet relocation is not simple. Do not forget your best friend, and pack everything for him/her. That means you should pack pet food and a favorite toy. It is also a good idea to pack their sleeping bed, do not buy a new one. The old smell will calm them down. Pets can feel something is going on, especially dogs. The first night will be very difficult for them, so do your best to be there. Some animals can be depressed, lonely, and very sad. Help them.
Additional tips on what not to pack
Some things you should not put in a moving truck. Keep these things near you on moving day and do not pack them first.
- Medications are one thing to pack last on moving day but do not put them in a box and moving truck.
- Phone, laptop, and chargers for them.
- Water and snack for moving and traveling.
- Cash, credit cards, documents, and jewelry.
Leave all these items for the end. You are using them every day, sometimes more times in one day. Follow this guide and have a trouble-free move. These items you should pack last on moving day and there will be no space for panic and mistakes wherever you move. Good luck with your move and pack your boxes smartly.