Moving business to another location takes a lot more time and effort than a usual relocation of your home. Why? You need to pack and move the equipment, tools, and documentation. Everything needs to be transported properly. In case you make a mistake, that mistake could influence your business and make you troubles. This is the very reason why we decided to give you tips for moving your business. Read these lines and learn how to relocate your company or your office with no troubles.
Saving time and money when moving your business
The relocation is one of the most stressful jobs you’ll have a chance to do in your life. Talking about a business move, it’s probably the most difficult kind of relocation you can deal with. Therefore, we suggest you do the following when you decide to relocate your headquarters somewhere else in Kuwait, or out of it:
- Decide what you should move: Moving something you won’t need in your new office means wasting money and cluttering your new business space.
- Hire a moving company: Kuwait movers will help you do everything easily, trouble-free and without stress.
- Moving insurance: Protect yourself from potential damage, make sure you purchase a moving insurance with an adequate coverage.
- Let everyone know that you’re moving: Contact your business partners so they would know your new address and all other contact information.
- Help your employees feel less stress: Every relocation is stressful, especially if you’re forced to move for a job. Make sure to help your employees get over it easier.
De-clutter your office before you move
Every office has documents, old computers, printers etc. that rarely or never use. Before you move, get rid of everything you don’t need. This will help you in several ways. First, your relocation will be smaller, hence you’ll pay less for moving your business. Second, you won’t be stuck in your new office with those items you don’t need, having to rent Kuwait storage facilities or decide what items you don’t need after an exhausting process off relocation. Third, having fewer items to pack means you’ll need less effort. In the end, it means less complicated relocation process.
Hiring movers – The most important thing for moving your business trouble-free
Hiring Kuwait professionals to deal with your move means making sure that everything will be done properly. And making sure your belongings and your employees will be safe during the business moving process is essential. After all, you don’t want to jeopardize your property or your employees just because you’re moving your offices.
However, not all movers are decent. There are lots of moving scams and frauds and rogue movers. To avoid hiring unprofessional movers, there are several steps you should take:
- Make a list of moving companies
- Do the background check of all movers
- Get the moving estimates and the list of moving services you would be provided with in writing
Making a list of moving companies
There are several ways how you can collect the moving companies reliable enough to conduct your relocation. Among all of them, the best option is to contact your business partners and ask them for a recommendation. Some of them might have moved recently to Kuwait or within it, so they could recommend a reliable moving company. If not, there are other resources, the ads, the Internet etc. Whatever source you use, make sure you end up with at least 5 companies on your list.
Check all companies you consider hiring for moving your business
- Do they own a proper license for moving offices and businesses?
- How satisfied are their previous customers?
- Are there accusations of a moving fraud regarding some company from your list?
- Do they own a proper equipment, tools, and supplies to conduct that demanding job as commercial relocation?
- Are their workers experienced enough?
After you do the check-up, the companies left on your list should be reliable enough to hire for your business move.
Picking the right company for your commercial relocation
- Get moving estimates from each company from your list.
- Ask them to provide you with a detailed list of services you can expect.
- Compare the services to the price you would pay and pick the best option.
Purchase a proper business moving insurance
Some companies offer moving insurance included in the price. However, pay attention to the coverage. Think about what would happen if something goes wrong and some piece of equipment gets damaged. Would the coverage the movers offer be satisfactory enough? If not, we suggest you shop for moving insurance externally.
As a business owner, you should notify all interested parties that you’re moving
Who are interested parties? Your business partners, your customers, your employees etc. Now, while you can talk to your employees in person, you should make a list of all the people that should be informed you’re moving. Contact your business partners and your customers. Contact each of them and let them feel appreciated. The first period after your business relocation might come quite difficult, trying to conquer a brand new market. Your loyal customers and business partners might help you overcome that period more easily.
Help your employees get over relocation easier
Do this on time. The very moment you find out that you’re moving, communicate it with your employees. Some of them have families, the others might not feel that good about moving to another place, or perhaps about moving out of Kuwait. Prevent potential troubles and talk to every employee if possible. If not, delegate it to other people, but make sure each employee is treated well when moving your business. A good business owner takes care of the employees. Be a good business owner.