If you are considering starting a new life in the Middle East, these two cities will be worth considering. Qatar vs Kuwait – which one should you choose? There are many upsides to living in both Qatar and Kuwait. However, depending on your needs and preferred lifestyle, one could be better than the other. Before you hire a professional moving company like Easy Move Kuwait, let’s compare the benefits of living in both cities.
Moving to Middle Ease – things to consider
If you are considering a relocation to the Middle East, you will have to prepare for this process in advance. In case you are moving from overseas, there might be special regulations and paperwork to follow. During 2020, traveling has become more complicated in some ways, so you should get ready for moving during a pandemic ahead of time.
Before you compare Qatar vs Kuwait, you should also consider your current lifestyle. Depending on what you are looking for in a new city, you’ll be able to make the best decision for you and your family. For example, if you are moving with small kids, make sure to choose the city (and the neighborhood) that is family-friendly. On the other hand, one of these two cities might be more suitable for running a business. Before you consider a relocation, make sure to check for all the facts and information necessary for a business move.
Pros of living in Qatar
Qatar is one of the most popular countries in the Middle East for expats. Both families and businesses have an opportunity to enjoy a great quality of life here. Take a look at some of the pros of living in Qatar:
- The location. When comparing Qatar vs Kuwait, the location of Qatar will definitely win. This city is way closer to Abu Dhabi and Dubai, which is convenient for business people.
- The weather. It’s an assumption that Qatar has slightly better weather conditions throughout the year. Although summer can have extremely hot temperatures, Qatar has more months of pleasant temperatures. If you prefer going outdoors often, this might be a factor to consider.
- Air quality. If we consider a slight difference in air quality, Qatar would win the battle. Besides excessive dust in the air, Kuwait also had to close some beaches due to pollution.
- Cultural life. In this area, comparing Qatar vs. Kuwait is relative. On one hand, Qatar might have a few more nightlife options than Kuwait. But on the other, Kuwait is known for the authentic Arabian culture which is appealing to expats.
Upsides to moving to Kuwait
Take a look at some upsides to moving to Kuwait.
- Family life. In this Qatar vs Kuwait comparison, Kuwait might be a winner. Although there is approximately the same number of good schools in both countries, Kuwait is far more affordable.
- Local community. Expats who meet new people in Kuwait can all agree on one thing. People seem to be more open to communicating with foreigners in this country than in Qatar. The explanation could be simple – Kuwait is a place where people from different countries and points of view connect their businesses, so cultural diversity among people is implied. Although this also might be a prejudice, it could also be an upside to moving to Kuwait.
- Business opportunities. In this area, both cities are almost the same. However, Kuwait is a mecca for connecting businesses, which is crucial for some expats. If you plan to start or move your business to Kuwait, make sure to do thorough research.
Organize a relocation like a pro
Moving to Kuwait or Qatar from another country is a time-consuming process. Besides handling the necessary paperwork, you should start getting your home ready for the move. Whether you are moving your home or a business, consider looking for reliable moving companies. Professional movers can help you pack and move in Kuwait while saving you valuable time.
If you are planning to move for a new job in Qatar or Kuwait, you should also get the necessary information ahead of time. Moving your household or an office space might require some research since living in the Middle East is not affordable for everyone. Keep in mind that you might need to prepare a budget for this relocation. Paying for the moving costs can be overwhelming, which is why you should set extra money aside. In case you already live in Kuwait and want to move to Qatar, get ready to pack your household for shipping from Kuwait to Qatar. There are many companies who can help you handle your inventory and pack for the move in no time.
Qatar vs Kuwait – which one to choose?
If you are in doubt whether you should choose Qatar or Kuwait for your new home, there is an easier way to decide. Assuming that you never lived in one of these cities, you might want to ask other expats for a recommendation. The good news is that there’s plenty of information available online, so connecting with people of similar interests might be a good idea. There are many reasons to live in the Middle East and people who wonder what life is like in these cities. So, give yourself time before making a final decision.
So, Qatar vs Kuwait – which one do the expats choose? The answer to this question will depend on many factors, but mainly on one’s lifestyle. Whichever city you choose, it will for sure be a new experience in your life as an expat.