International shipping has many laws and restrictions. And if you are in the business of selling products online, surely you will be using shipping services. In that case, you need to be aware of all laws and regulations regarding international shipping. And you need to know which items can you ship. Naturally, you do not need to know everything. Nevertheless, before you call your air freight Kuwait, take a look at a list of prohibited items for international shipping. And learn about your type of merchandise.
Prohibited items for international shipping cannot be shipped or stored
Some items are prohibited for international shipping. That means that they cannot be received, stored or shipped for many different reasons. And those are usually hazarding, safety and regulatory reasons. And, they cannot be exported from the origin country. Or imported to a destination country. On the other hand, some of those items may need a special permit or approval.
A global list of prohibited items for international shipping
Besides items that are on global blacklists. Every country has its own laws and restrictions regarding import and export. So before you begin making your business plan. Learn about how to ship items to countries you are interested in. Moreover, call shipping companies in Kuwait for advice. The following items you cannot ship to most countries in the world:
- Firstly, ivory. It is one of the most famous prohibited items for international shipping.
- Similarly, shark fins restriction has the same purpose as the ivory restriction.
- Also, marijuana in any form. Including medical marijuana.
- After that, bank bills, notes or currency, but not coins.
- In addition, wristwatches exceeding the value of 500USD.
- Also, corpses, cremated and disinterred remains are also on the list. But of course, there are exceptions.
- Ammunition is not allowed for international shipping except in special cases.
- Fireworks and similar items with gunpowder.
- Hazardous waste is something that requires special attention. And can be shipped only with special measures.
- Postage stamps.
Some items may need special permits to be shipped
Of course, there are items that are on the prohibited list. But can go through customs if certain conditions are fulfilled. These are the items that you can ship on a contractual basis. But only if the shipper meets all regulations.
- Firearms and weapons can be shipped. But not without tons of paperwork.
- Non-domesticated Animal products, like leather bags, shoes, skins.
- Items of great value can be shipped. But you will need to fill out a paper or two.
- Various biological substances and human or animal specimens.
- Electronic cigarettes.
- Animal furs.
- Products made from gold or other precious metals.
- Live animals, but of course, only certain species.
- Different plants and Seeds.
Prohibited items for international shipping to Kuwait
Of course, as Kuwait is a Muslim country it has different regulations than western countries do. Along with UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Bahrain, Kuwait is a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council. And all members of GCC have certain import standard. And that means that pork or alcoholic beverages cannot enter Kuwait. But, that is something that almost everyone knows. In addition, all products from the state of Israel also cannot enter Kuwait. That also includes items that are only partially from Israel. Besides pork and items made in Israel, there are many more items that can’t enter Kuwait. So, here is the list:
Media items prohibited from shipping to Kuwait
- Entertainment, promotional, training films.
- In addition, any type of media displaying female anatomy.
- Similarly, you cannot import Pornographic media.
- Also, do not try to ship tapes, video cassettes and audio cassettes to Kuwait.
Tapes, Electronic equipment that can’t enter Kuwait
- Kuwait restricts the import of communications equipment of all kids.
- Also, compact discs are something that can’t enter Kuwait.
- Similarly, laserdisc also cannot enter.
- After that, also computer components & parts.
- In addition, computer software s also impossible to import to Kuwait
- Also, phones and modems.
- If you want to ship radar equipment it is also not possible.
- Similarly, radio equipment is also on the list.
- Telecommunications equipment.
- Televisions, television equipment.
Medical and other substances and equipment
- Above all, do not try to ship Liquor to Kuwait.
- Also, Electronic Cigarettes can’t enter Kuwait without special permission.
- In addition, different cosmetics products are on the blacklist.
- After that, drugs with prescription and without.
- Also, medical samples without proper documentation are not possible to ship to Kuwait.
- However medical and dental supplies and equipment are even harder to import to Kuwait.
- In conclusion, animal and other poisons also need special permission to enter Kuwait.
Other items prohibited from shipping to Kuwait
- Fire extinguishers.
- Gold (18k or Below).
- Lithium Batteries.
- Plants and Plant Products.
- Items that are offensive to Kuwait Royal family, Kuwait politics, habits or traditions.
- And Items offensive to Muslim culture.
- Israeli Goods.
Find a good shipping company in Kuwait
As you can see, there are many different types of merchandise prohibited for international shipping. And every country has its custom laws and regulations. So, that is why, when you are thinking about international shipping, it is important to have a good freight-forwarding agency or shipping company by your side. Because they know all the regulations and rules about every country you are trying to ship your merchandise to. Therefore, you need to put some effort into searching the right company that will help you to ship internationally. Luckily, there are some great moving services Kuwait, which can provide shipping services, as well.
Also, if you only want to ship one item, use some of the express delivery services that operate throughout the globe. So, you can simply call them and check with them are your items on the blacklist for international shipping. If your items are not on the list. They will be at your doorstep to pick up your package in no time.
Packing non-prohibited items for international shipping
When you are trying to ship something internationally. You need to be very careful when packing your product. Because items that you are sending to another country will go through many different types of transportation. Firstly, they will travel in your vehicle. Secondly, the shipping company will somehow transfer them to a plane or ship. Thirdly, another truck will pick it up. Finally, it will deliver it to the receiver. And that is the best scenario. In addition, this can last for weeks. So, that is why you need to do everything that you can to pack your package properly. In conclusion, if you cannot or do not know how to do it properly. You can always hire professional packers to help you. However, if you are shipping only one item, surely you can do it on your own.