If you’re wondering how to transport your luxury car to Kuwait, there are many steps involved. Note that missing just one could cost you both time and money. Fortunately, as one of the best international shipping companies in Kuwait, we have been shipping cars to Kuwait for more than 40 years. We’ll first need to acquire the information regarding your car, such as the model, location, etc. The best way to get a car shipping rate before you proceed to actually transport your luxury car to Kuwait is by speaking with one of our specialists.
Information to know before you transport your luxury car to Kuwait
Kuwait has strict import rules for cars as well as other vehicles.
- The only way that non-nationals can ship a luxury car to Kuwait and legally import it, is through their employer. The vehicle, therefore, must be in under the employer’s name
- Only Kuwaiti nationals enjoy car shipping Kuwait services without a sponsor.
- The vehicle can’t be more than 5 years old from the present year. The exception are trucks, which have a maximum of 10 years
Customs and tax duties:
Customs duty for vehicles in Kuwait is 5% CIF because the 5% fee is calculated by assessing the total value of car/truck, marine insurance cost (if applicable) and the freight charge. You may encounter additional duties and taxes depending on the nature of the import.
Shipping and Import Documents for Kuwait
There are certain documents that you will need when you decide to transport your luxury car to Kuwait. There is documentation that is necessary for shipping and importing a car once it arrives. Before you transport your luxury car to Kuwait, your auto shipper will need the following:
- Valid title for the car
- Proof of registration
- Bill of lading
- Purchase invoice
- Power of attorney
Once the vehicle arrives in Kuwait City, customs there will need to inspect the previous documents such as:
- A temporary import permit (must apply for in advance)
- Letter from your employer (for non-Kuwaiti nationals)
Transport your luxury car to Kuwait: Three Methods
- We believe this is the ideal method because it suits single-vehicle shipments as well as those looking to ship several cars. It’s cost-effective as well when you use a service like ours that comes at competitive prices.
- Exclusive container services are more expensive, however, they can have a quicker arrival date. Shipping a car to Kuwait using the roll on roll off solution is an option for anyone who has no additional goods from home or personal effects. If you do choose this method, the service leaves usually from either Baltimore or New York. It’s about the same time frame as with using the first option. Which are 6-8 weeks on the water? But you may find more limitations because not every port offers Ro-Ro.
- Airfreight is by far the quickest way to transport your luxury car to Kuwait. The entire procedure takes between 7-10 days. However, it can be more expensive so this choice will depend on your personal requirements and your moving budget of course.