How to relocate bulky stuff? If you ever thought about relocation, this question had to cross your mind. However, the answer is rather easy. You disassemble the furniture and move it in parts. But as you might’ve guessed, easy doesn’t necessarily mean simple. Especially, if you take into consideration all that it takes to prepare for a move. You need to plan and organize the move, pack your belongings, relocate and unpack. Just imagine that in the midst of that chaos, you also need to disassemble bulky items. It’s a lot to take in. And quite honestly, it can be overwhelming.
However, don’t fret EasyMoveKuwait is here to help. Today, we are going to show you the best moving tips for relocating bulky stuff. So you can, hopefully, have a stress-free relocation of your dreams.
How to relocate bulky stuff: 101
As with any project; you need a plan. And, nowhere is this more true than when relocating huge items. When moving, it can be hard to keep track of all the things you need to do. From the most menial tasks to more important ones like hiring air freight Kuwait. That’s why it’s important that you first create a plan for your relocation. We suggest that you first ask yourself if you need to relocate those bulky items. In our experience rarely are bulky items necessary. Consider decluttering those items. Maybe you should say goodbye to the old king-sized mattress that is long overdue for a change. Now, don’t get us wrong. We don’t recommend that you throw away all your bulky belongings. We are suggesting that you should consider other options before you decide relocation is the only option.
- Moving tip #1. Consider whether or not you actually need to relocate your bulky items. This is the most important part of the moving process. Yet people often overlook it.
So, you’ve created a plan, what now? Well, the next step in line would be to get rid of all the bulky items you don’t need. Now, there are a lot of different options here. However, the most lucrative one is to sell. Thankfully, with the rising of e-commerce and websites like E-bay selling is now easier than ever. However, you might also consider donating. There are a lot of charities that offer free donation pick-ups.
- Moving tip #2. We recommend you extend decluttering to all of your belongings, and not just your bulky items. The fewer items you pack, the fewer the cost of the relocation. So, before you decide to hire international car shipping services and move overseas make sure you only pack the bare essentials.
Prepare for your move.
After you’ve decluttered it’s time to start disassembling the rest of the bulky items and start relocating. Now, this part of the process will depend on the item. Relocating a piano is quite different than a bed. So, it really depends on what you plan on moving to. That being said, here are some general tips that apply when relocating bulky stuff.
- Disassemble furniture.
- Remove legs, from chairs, tables, and couches.
- Disassemble armrests.
- Remove drawers.
- Detach shelves.
- Put all the separate components into moving boxes.
- Label the moving boxes.
- Clear a pathway for moving.
- Disconnect the door frames, and doors, if you need more space.
- Cover the floors in cardboard.
Pack and relocate bulky stuff.
After you’ve prepared your bulky items for relocation it’s time to pack. As mentioned above, this will be highly dependant on the item. You can’t pack a mattress the same way you pack a chandelier, for example. However, with that being said, here are some general guidelines on how to pack your bulky stuff.
- Wrap your items in moving blankets. Towels also work. Actually whatever can keep your bulky items protected during relocation will work perfectly.
- Relocate by using sliders. We recommend buying professional equipment. However, you can also use a more affordable option. For example, a frisbee. Place your heavy piece onto the frisbee. And, finally, drag to the desired location.
- If sliders aren’t an option use moving dollies. While moving dollies are expensive, they are well worth the investment. They will save you a lot of aches and pains down the line. And they are also great at injury prevention, which is something that is extremely valuable.
A word of caution. Please make sure you relocate your bulky items responsibly. You should have a pathway planned out beforehand. And, try to use professional equipment, if you can. We also suggest that you take frequent breaks. And ask the help of friends, where possible. Also, remember if any of these steps seem hard to follow, you can always hire a professional moving company to help.
Instead of a summary
If you are moving bulky items by yourself make sure not to lift them with you back. More specifically, we recommend putting your feet shoulder-width apart. Then squatting down, and with your shoulders and back straight slowly lift your item. Make sure you straighten your hips and knees. Do not flex your back! Hold your item and the level of the belly. Take small steps, and by squatting down – lower your object to the desired location.
However, if you don’t want to risk injury the best way is to hire EasyMoveKuwait. We are a professional moving company that offers a smooth and hassle-free relocation experience. So, if you need someone to help you carry the load make sure to give us a call. However, if you are still on the fence about contacting us make sure to check out our reviews and see the testimonials of our clients. We are sure you will not be disappointed!