If you want to prepare your motorcycle for shipping there are a couple of things to watch out for. Since moving, in general, requires juggling multiple things at once. From planning to packing, moving and then unpacking. It is easy to see why people shy away from moving by themselves. Now, if you take into account that on top of all of that you need to move your motorcycle… It becomes quite a daunting task. However, if you are up for it, it will require a lot of responsibility, discipline, and organization to make it work. So if you think you have what it takes to pack and move your bike, read on!
Pick the right day.
Before you even start planning on how to prepare your motorcycle for shipping, you need a solid moving plan. Laying out a timeframe on what things need to get done is the most important step in this phase. You want to make sure that you have all the pieces of the puzzle, so to say, already laid out, before you start solving the puzzle. Making sure you have all the proper packing supplies, hiring a moving company, confirming a day, etc, are all important steps when creating a moving plan. Make sure you carve out the proper time for all of the activities you have planned.
However, an important step here is to make sure that you confirm with your moving company the date for the move. So make sure you have done that. Keep in mind that some days of the year are more costly than others. For example, if you are moving on a holiday, keep in mind that everybody else is probably too. So the price, rather the moving quote, will be much higher than if you were moving on a normal day.
Prepare your motorcycle for shipping
After everything is set and done, with the planning phase, it is time to pack your motorcycle for shipping. Now, we will, right of the bat, recommend that you hire international movers Kuwait. The reason for this is simple. Hiring movers will make the packing and process that much easier. Since they do this on a daily basis, doing this is probably the best decision you can make.
The 4 steps of packing your motorcycle.
However, what about the actual steps you can take to prepare your motorcycle for shipping? Well, in that regard you should follow these few simple steps.
- step #1: clean your bike. This is pretty self-explanatory. Cleaning your motorcycle is probably the first thing that popped into your head when you thought about moving it. However, a hidden benefit of this part of the process is that you will be able to see all the scratches, marks and stains on the bike that will occur during transport.
- step #2: notify the movers about any problems the motorcycle has. This as well is pretty logical. You want to tell the movers if there are any problems with the bike if the need arises for moving the vehicle.
- step #3: fill up the gas tank 1/4 of the way. Now, most people will fill the gas tank to the brim. Do not do this. It will actually make it harder to move. You want your bike to be as light as possible when moving. Yet, you want to have enough of gas so you can drive it once it gets shipped to you.
- step #4: take pictures of your bike. The last step, but certainly not the least important one is to take pictures of your motorcycle
- before you start shipping it. This way you will have proof of any scratches or in general, damages that occur during transport.
In conclusion, how to prepare your motorcycle for shipping?
So when all is said and done, packing your bike is actually pretty simple, once you know the how. Generally, we recommend you hire professional movers, such as Easy Move Kuwait as we have the experience and knowledge to do it properly. However, make sure you take the proper steps such as cleaning your bike, to help the process along the way.