Listen, we all know. Moving can be an extremely arduous process. From having to organize and plan the entire move, to the actual relocation. And everything in between. However, one of the hardest parts of the move is relocation is knowing how to ship your vehicle. In fact, knowing how to bring your used car to Kuwait is quite a complex procedure. However, it doesn’t need to be like that.
Easy Move Kuwait is going to break down this entire process into a few simple and easy-to-follow steps. From preparing your car and the paperwork needed to the actual relocation. So, if that sounds like something you’d like to learn, strap on in, grab yourself a pen and paper and let’s get started.
What you’ll learn
In today’s blog post we are going to go over the following:
- Shipping your car.
- Protecting your vehicle.
- How to save money while relocating your car.
So, without further adieu let’s get into the topic of vehicle shipping.
How to bring your used car to Kuwait?
There are plenty of ways to relocate your car to the desired location. However, we found that the following steps are the best and most simple and effective at doing just that.
- Find a reliable auto transport service. There are plenty of reliable auto transport services out there. For example, just by searching the internet for “hiring auto transport experts” you get over 5 million different results! Just think about that number. That’s mind-boggling. Finding a good quality, reliable moving company in that query can be like searching for a black cat in a coal cellar. To make this process a tad bit more manageable we recommend reading their reviews and cross-checking their license on online databases. However, at the end of the day, choose an auto transport company that fits you the best.
- Fill in the paperwork. Once you find a reliable auto transport company you are going to be asked to fill in some paperwork. Most importantly you’ll be asked to fill in some basic info about your vehicle. Things like make and model, year, mileage, etc. This is important you do it correctly as that information will influence the cost of your quote.
- Choose your transportation method. Sometimes the auto transport company will recommend the best transportation method according to the information you provided. However, make sure you know the advantages and disadvantages of moving your car by certain methods. For example, if you are bringing your used car to Kuwait from a different faraway country then a single tow rig won’t do. You’ll have to go with a container.
- Payment. The cost of shipping your car is somewhere around $500-1,000. Most moving companies are going to ask you to pay upfront some amount of money.
Protect your vehicle in shipping.
However, before you decide to bite the bullet and decide to ship your vehicle overseas there are a couple of things you must do. The most important of which is to protect your car from transport damage. There are a couple of ways to do this. We recommend that you:
- Get insurance. While we understand that insurance might just be another way to increase the cost of your car transportation, we truly think it’s crucial to have. You never know what can happen to your car during transport. That’s why we recommend you get an insurance policy that covers long-distance moves.
- Go for transportation in a container. This is definitely the most cost-heavy option when relocating. However, sometimes it’s the only option to completely safeguard your vehicle from any damage occurring during relocation.
- Check for damages. If your car has dents, scratches and nicks make sure you write that down in the paperwork that your auto transport company provided you. Also, after your car has been relocated make sure you’ve also checked for any damages. If there are any, make sure to notify your movers. They’ll be more than glad to cover the costs.
- Remove all your belongings from the car. Finally, don’t forget to remove your belongings from the car. Remove tools, equipment, personal belongings, etc. This way you are ensuring nothing gets stolen during relocation, and also lowering the cost of the move. Since the cost of the relocation is determined by the weight of your belongings.
How to bring your used car to Kuwait: saving money
Moving a car to a different country is an expensive business. However, thankfully there are a couple of options you have at your disposal that will help you lower the moving quote. First, try to negotiate for the most affordable moving quote. Second, use terminal-to-terminal shipping. Third, if relocating your car is too expensive you can always hire a professional driver. Lastly, always ship in the offseason. Make sure you schedule ahead of time. This way you’ll not only get a more affordable moving quote. But you’ll also have the ability to choose to move during the offseason. This means less traffic, and in turn, the fewer cost of the move.
Please do keep in mind that the cost of shipping your car is determined by the following. Size, weight, make, model, and running condition. On top of that, there are additional fees that might apply to you if you are relocating a specialty type of car (i.e. a sports car). So, make sure you keep that in mind when dealing with auto transport. And while moving insurance is quite an easy way to rake up the cost of your move, we truly think it crucial that you have your car insured.