As stressful as moving can be, many people injure themselves while relocating. Most of us want to make sure we pack as fast as we can. Also, we usually get nervous before the moving day so we don’t get enough sleep. If you have history of injuring yourself while lifting and carrying things, it’s best you call professionals to help you move. But if you want to pack and move by yourself, make sure you plan and organize well. Make a list of all the things you have to do and make a packing plan. This will help you avoid injuries during your move. Consider distributing the weight to more boxes so you don’t have to lift too many heavy items.
Make sure you rest before the move
Most common injuries during the trip occur because of the lack of sleep. If you are moving locally or long distance make sure you rest before the move. The best way to avoid injuries during your move is to have enough rest. If you are tired, feel rushed or nervous, you will most likely cut corners and pay less attention to your surroundings. Some studies say that people can act like they had few alcoholic drinks if they seriously lack sleep. It’s important that both your mind and body are aware during the relocation trip.
To avoid the rush on the moving day and avoid injuries during your move, consider making a to-do list. It will help you stay organized and have enough time to rest. This plan is the best for families who move with small children and don’t have much time to sleep. If this is your family’s situation, make sure to hire reliable movers in Kuwait and get all the help you can. Having enough sleep will improve your alertness, memory and help avoid injuries during your move. Make sure to organize and make your relocation stress free.
Dress comfortably to avoid injuries during your move
If you thought that you can put any clothes on for your move, you might be wrong. Depending on your trip and the weather conditions, you should prepare the most comfortable clothes you have. If you are moving long-distance to Kuwait make sure you have many layers of clothes so you can adapt. Weather conditions may vary from one country to another. You don’t want to sweat on the airport and then feel cold and freezing on the plane. In case you’re moving from Kuwait to a land where it’s winter time, you should pack extra clothes to protect your body once you land to your new home land.
The time you spend during the move can be stressful enough. You need to climb up and down the stairs, lift heavy things and so much more. Wearing uncomfortable clothes or the one not covering your skin can cause minor injuries. You can get a scratch or rip out your clothes. To avoid injuries during your move, make sure to dress appropriately. Here are some things you can do to achieve that:
- Try to wear clothes that doesn’t expose your skin. This will help you avoid injuries during relocation. Also, you will avoid cuts, scrapes and other smaller injuries.
- Don’t wear sandals or slippers during the move. If you’re moving during the summer heat don’t fall into the trap and wear open-toe shoes. Not only will your toes be exposed to injuries, but you can easily slip and fall. Not to mention, lifting heavy items and carrying bags with you is way easier with comfy snickers.
- Make sure to wear many layers of clothes. If you are moving long distance to Kuwait, you should consider the possible weather change.
Make sure not to strain your back
If you hired movers to help you relocate, you will have professional help with your moving boxes. But you should not forget to pack your bags for the moving day. This is not your movers’ job to do, so you have to organize well. Having too many things in your suitcase will not help you avoid injuries during your move. On the contrary, heavy lifting is more likely to cause strain in your back. Before you pack for the moving day, make sure to sort out your belongings. If it happens you have too many items to bring with you, consider finding a storage unit in Kuwait.
Here are few tips that can help you avoid injuries during your move:
- Use mechanical item to help you pull and push. Carts, dollies and moving straps are great for moving heavy objects. Even the most skilled movers use them every day.
- Make sure not to bend your back while lifting moving boxes. While lifting heavy objects, make sure to bend your knees so you don’t cause a back injury.
- Whatever you lift, don’t carry it above your head. If you do this, heavy moving boxes can cause injures in your neck or shoulders.
- Get all the help you can! If you have friends or family members who can help you move the boxes, you could use some help. If this is not the case, the best way to avoid injuries during your move is to hire professional movers. Besides helping you move, professionals can help you pack. Professional movers know the best way to distribute weight in the moving boxes. Too many heavy boxes can cause injuries and breakage of the boxes during the relocation trip.