Shipping large items across the country or overseas is very stressful. Especially when you are shipping dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer, and a stove. They are very heavy and big. So, having so many ways to ship your kitchen appliances is helpful and it will make your job easier.
If you are moving, then probably you have to ship the rest of the furniture too. Hiring a moving company Kuwait is a good option, but when it is a long-distance move or overseas move, a shipping company is required also. Especially if you are running a business that involves shipping kitchen appliances.
Equipment for packing kitchen appliances for shipping
You need to pack and move without stress and for that job, you will need the right equipment. Of course, if you are packing them by yourself.
- For smaller kitchen appliances (toaster, blender, mixer, etc), you will need a packing paper. That will protect your appliances from damage.
- Find a big role of air bubble foil for wrapping the appliances or any other furniture and electronics.
- Furniture blankets are very handy for covering your kitchen appliances.
- Kitchen appliances are very heavy, so having a dolly will help you a lot.
- To secure appliances in a shipping container you will need straps.
- A high-quality packing tape.
If you hire professional packers, then you won’t need any of these tools for packing. They will do it instead of you fast and successfully.
Ways to ship your kitchen appliances and prepare them
If you want to pack the kitchen appliances by yourself then you should know the right way how to do it. Different ways to ship your kitchen appliances are also related to what kind of a shipping container you want and cargo loading services.
- If you want a shipping company to pack and load your kitchen appliances into their warehouse, then choose warehouse loading service.
- There is an option to have a container dropped in your yard and you need to load it by yourself (live load service). Usually, you have a couple of hours to load it. Of course, you can choose the size of the container depending on how many items you have.
- Drop and pull option will give you a couple of days to pack and load your kitchen appliances or any other furniture you want. The company will pick it up after you are done.
If you are shipping only kitchen appliances, LTL shipping (less than truckload) is a perfect option. Your appliances will be shipped with someone else’s items, and you do not need to pay for the whole container.
Preparing kitchen appliances for shipping
When shipping kitchen appliances, such as stove fridge, dishwasher, etc. make sure they are completely clean (outside and inside) and dry. Disconnect all hoses from appliances. If you cannot do it, call a professional to do it for you. Especially if you have a gas stove, you should not disconnect it by yourself. Do not use a dishwasher a few days before shipping it, to make sure it is dry. Also, a fridge should be unplugged 24 hours before it is shipped.
Choosing a shipping company
Shipping large appliances may be the most difficult thing to ship and move. It should not be if you have a company you can trust. If you have a business that ships kitchen and other appliances, then you should pick one of the best company and not change them (unless you are not satisfied with their service).
- The license – only work with a shipping company that is bonded and licensed.
- Insurance – if anything goes wrong, you will be glad to have insurance for your kitchen appliances. During the transit, it is possible for appliances to get damaged.
- Tracking option – tracking your shipping is a big advantage. Ask a company should you pay more for tracking option or it is included in the price.
- Delivery method – Shipping companies will offer you different types of freight. You can choose between air, road, and sea freight.
- Company’s rates – money is a big factor when choosing a company. Compare different moving companies and their rates.
Should you move appliances overseas?
Large appliances are probably the most expensive items you own. So, what you should do with appliances when moving overseas. One of the option is to ship them, but is it a good solution? The other solution is to sell them. It is a hard decision to make. Think about those steps and you will make the right decision.
- Are there outlets differences? It depends on where are you moving (where you want to ship your kitchen appliances). The power outlets may be incompatible and plug adaptors are different. You can buy adapters, but keep in mind that voltages and frequencies are different on continents.
- Do not move your kitchen appliances overseas unless they have warranties. Before you ship them, read the warranty carefully.
- Keep in mind that your kitchen will be a different size and maybe your appliances will not fit in. For example, European kitchens are usually smaller from American kitchens.
- Calculate the costs of shipping your appliances overseas. Choose a reliable and affordable shipping companies Kuwait and compare the quotes. There are different ways to ship your kitchen appliances and their price is also different.
- It is easier to move your kitchen appliances because you do not have to buy them all over again. Especially if you do not the language, you may be a victim of fraud, or they will charge you more. If you do not ship your items, you should buy them right after moving. Living without a stove and fridge is almost impossible.
Preparing kitchen appliances for moving and shipping is a process that requires collecting tips and information. Ways to ship your kitchen appliances, tools, and equipment, choosing the right moving company, etc. Shipping them is not easy, but it could be with the right guide and company.